So, your little one will be turning one soon! Congrats, we know how exciting it is! That first year can feel like a whirlwind filled with wonderful memories. The year can certainly fly by, even though it may sometimes feel like the longest year all in one. Now that the first year is coming to a close, we know that you can’t wait to celebrate your baby’s first Birthday with an amazing Party. It’s time to begin planning!
From experience, I know that it can be easy to get carried away celebrating this milestone. I also know that it can become stressful if you don’t have your ducks in a row. But we’re going to provide some tips that will be sure to help you relax and enjoy a successful first Birthday Party.
Tips for a successful first birthday party
- Have the celebration start after the baby naps so that they will be in a good mood.
- Don’t take on too much! It’s easy to get carried away and try to make all the food and decorations, which can be overwhelming. Instead, make a couple dishes that you’re good at and maybe a couple DIY decorations and enlist some help from other people like the grandparents.
- Consider limiting the guest list to close family members. Babies often get overwhelmed in large groups of people they do not know well.
- Think about having it at home where your baby is most comfortable.
- Set a budget and stick to it!
- If there are going to be older kids at the party try having a craft or game for them to do. If it’s just babies and little tots they will be entertained with each other and a few toys.
- Have a friend or family member take pictures for you. It’s one less thing you will have to do and you and Dad will be in the pics too.
- Have the cake or cupcake icing be in a color that will not stain, blue and black seems to be the worst!
- Have a plan for cleaning up your big one year old after they enjoy their smash cake, especially if the party is not at your home.
- Keep it short and sweet! About 2 to 2.5 hours will probably be all your little one can handle before a meltdown begins.
The most important thing is to have fun and make memories with your loved ones! Preserve these cherished memories to have forever.
The post Tips for a Successful First Birthday Party appeared first on The Frugal Sisters.