Mini Deep Dish Pizza Pies
Pizza night! A family favorite tradition – every second Friday is Pizza night for this pizza-loving family. I try to bring in a little variety, occasionally, for our pizza nights. Sometimes we’ll make flatbread pizza where everyone gets their own flatbread and can top it themselves with a variety of toppings. Other times we’ll go simple with a quick and easy frozen pizza. In this household, there’s no such thing as a bad pizza!
So I found these cheap, oven-safe ramekins last week and was thinking about what I could use them for when our pizza night came to mind. The ramekin dishes were perfect for personal deep dish pizzas. So I snatched them up and the following Friday put them together. Their quick and simple to make, and the kids loved them as something different than traditional pizza! While we went with traditional pepperoni pizzas, you can include any of your favorite toppings.
This recipe makes two servings, so be sure to gather ingredients accordingly for additional mini pizzas.
If you don’t have any ramekins, you can find some here by clicking the image below!
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 container (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 8 to 10 slices pepperoni
- Optional: parmesan cheese, dried oregano or Italian seasoning, additional toppings such as black olives, green peppers, mushrooms, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray 2 ramekins (or oven-safe mugs) with nonstick cooking spray
- Unroll crescent dough and press edges together to form 2 squares. Press squares into the bottom and up the sides of each ramekin dish
- Bake 5 minutes until lightly browned and remove from oven.
- Top with pizza sauce, pepperoni (and other desired toppings), and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 4 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and oregano or Italian seasoning.
- Let cool and enjoy!
The post Mini Deep Dish Pizza Pies appeared first on The Frugal Sisters.