Baking is one of my favorite things to do in the kitchen. And one of my favorite treats to make is Apple dumplings. Now, I don’t make these nearly as often as I would like since they aren’t very friendly to my waistline, therefore, I like to make these when I am going to have plenty of people to share them with.
- 2 granny smith apples- each peeled, cored and cut into 8 slices
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Mountain Dew or lemon lime soda like Sprite
- Cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll each apple slice in crescent roll and place in 9×13 dish.
- Mix sugar and melted butter, barely stirring. Add vanilla extract, barely stir; it will be lumpy.
- Pour over top of crescent rolls. I like to use a basting brush and make sure the tops have the butter mixture on them.
- Pour Mountain Dew around the inside edges of the dish.
- Sprinkle top of rolls with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- These are great by themselves but I love to eat them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Absolutely delicious!
The post Apple Dumplings appeared first on The Frugal Sisters.