This afternoon my husband and I caught a whiff of Asia Grille as we walked past. You know what that means… We’re having stir fry tonight! The sweet and tangy teriyaki Sauce is enough to make any meat mouth-watering, and mixing that with crunchy, yet tender fresh veggies… YUM! This recipe hit the spot while saving $ and staying within our sodium intake for the day (or week).
What you’ll need…
1 cup water
1/4 cup Bragg liquid amines (or soy sauce)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
What to do…
- In a small sauce pan mix all but cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water, bring to a near boil
- Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water in a small bowl, stir until dissolved. Add mixture to sauce pan.
- Heat while stirring often until the sauce reaches your desired thickness.
What you’ll need..
~2 lbs chicken breast, cubed
1/2 cup homemade teriyaki sauce (above)
1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into bits, in juice
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 large carrot, shaved
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup snap peas, chopped
1 cup bean sprouts
8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup brown rice (dry)
What to do…
- Prepare brown rice according to package
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in large skillet or wok, add fresh grated ginger and stir for a few seconds. Add carrot, broccoli, and snap peas. Cook vegetables for 4 minutes, or until slightly tender. Remove from heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet, add chicken and cook until no longer pink in center.
- Combine cooked vegetables, chicken, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, and 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce in the large skillet or wok. Stir and keep on heat until all ingredients are heated
- Serve hot over brown rice, adding additional sauce if desired.
- Make this recipe with beef, shaved or sliced into strips
- Add garlic, green onion, peppers, or any other fresh veggies
- For some extra crunch, add crunchy rice noodles
Thanks for reading! Share with someone who lovess take-out and make a plan to cook in next weekend!