Wild-caught Salmon is a favorite in our household. I was never a big fish eater but salmon is an exception that I hope to convince all other “non-fish eaters” to try. Grilled with peaches, seared with soy sauce, and stewed in seafood chowder – there are hundreds of recipes all over the internet. Whether you’re new to cooking salmon or you’re just looking to spice up your options, give this easy peasy recipe a shot and tell me what you think in the comments!
What you’ll need…
- 2 lbs salmon
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 lemons (one for juice, one sliced)
- Smoked paprika to taste
- Coriander to taste
What to do…
- Preheat your oven to 425°
- Oil the bottom of an oven-safe dish large enough to fit your salmon with a little extra room. Lay the salmon in the pan (scales down if they are still on). Squeeze the juice from one lemon evenly over all of the fish and then season generously with the smoked paprika and coriander – don’t measure, just eyeball it. Add a layer of lemon slices on top of the paprika.
- Cut the asparagus into bite sized pieces and distribute around the edges of the fish, filling in any gaps in the middle as well. Pour the balsamic vinegar over the asparagus.
- Place in your preheated oven and cook for 4-6 minutes per 1/2″ thickness, or until the salmon flakes easily.
Share your favorite salmon recipe!!