This tater tot casserole will make your morning complete. Tater tots, sausage, cheddar cheese (dairy free), Bacon, eggs, and seasonings.
I wasn’t comfortable buying premade sausage at the grocery store. I just don’t like when I can’t tell EXACTLY what is in something. I bought ground pork & added seasonings myself. I added in ground pper, herbs de provence, and italian seasoning.
I also found this amazing bacon at Wegmans. I’m a big fan of nitrate free bacon - I feel like this brand goes the extra mile & I’m pretty sure this might be the only bacon I buy from now on.
The bacon is thicker but it looked and smelled so yummy. With the sausage and the bacon cooking, my kitchen smelled amazingggggg.
I mixed my eggs up & then added in almond milk.
Once my pork was browned I added it to the bottom of the 9x13″ pan.
Sprinkle on some Daiya Cheddar Cheese (dairy free).
Dump in your egg/almond milk mixture (do your best to distribute it evenly).
Tater Tot Casserole
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb ground pork
- ½ tbsp italian seasoning
- ½ tbsp herbs de provence
- 1 cup daiya cheddar cheese shreds (dairy free)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 3 TB freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- In a very large skillet, cook sausage on medium high heat, breaking up the meat and browning it. Once cooked through, drain and layer onto the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Evenly sprinkle ½ cup of the cheese over cooked sausage
- In a large bowl, hand-whisk together the almond milk, eggs, pepper, onion powder, and salt. Once mixed, pour evenly over the cheese and sausage in baking dish. Layer top with frozen tater tots.
- When ready to bake, set oven to 350. Bake for 35 minutes. Top with additional ½ cup cheese, cooked/crumbled bacon, and bake another 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley, let rest at room temp 10 minutes, and serve.
*Recipe adapted from Chew Out Loud