Mysore Pak is Southern Indian Classic Fudge which is made of generous amounts of ghee, sugar, Gram Flour (chickpea flour). The texture of this sweet is similar to fudge which melts as soon as you put in mouth …My mom prepares this for every diwali and i will be beside her waiting for Mysore Pak as this is one of my favorite sweet!!! Since my mom … this is the first time i am trying this recipe and to my surprise it came out sooo soft and fudgy !!!!!! because i always had a notion that Mysore Pak will be stone hard but i was wrong it came out pretty well…
This will be loved by adults as well as kids without any doubt ..Anyways Wish you all wonderful and safe Diwali !!!!!!! You can also check out Gulab Jamun , Carrot Halwa , Flaxseed ladoo
Yields : 12 squares Total time : 30 mins
- Besan/gram flour (chickpea flour) – 1 cup
- Ghee/Clarified Butter – 1 cup
- Sugar- 1 + 1/4 cup
- Water-3/4 cup
Mysore Pak Recipe :
- Grease the square shaped box or any plate with ghee all over the sides and keep it aside.You can check this link on how to prepare homemade pure ghee
- Melt the ghee and keep aside.
- Heat pan with 1 tsp of ghee and then add the gram flour.Roast it for about 5 mins.
- Switch off the stove and once cooled sieve it so that flour is without lumps .
- Add 1/2 cup of ghee to the gram flour and mix it well without any lumps.
- Prepare the sugar syrup by heating pan with sugar and water . Let it come to rolling boil by stirring continuously till it reaches thin string consistency.. to check that pour drop of sugar syrup in plate and use two finger to check if it forms thin string.
- Make sure the flame is in medium ,Once sugar syrup reaches thin string consistency pour the gram flour mixture and keep on stirring.
- In between add the warm melted remaining ghee to the gram flour and continue stirring .Whenever you add warm ghee it forms froth and don’t get frightened
- Keep on stirring until gram flour absorbs all the ghee and then pour into greased pan.After 5 mins cut into squares and let it cool.
- Once cooled using knife take all the cubes out and store in air tight container.And stays good for about a week.
- Use warm ghee while adding to the gram flour throughout the process.
- After adding gram flour to syrup make sure to stir continuously and when you see all the ghee is absorbed by the gram flour quickly pour into greased plate or else it will become solid.
- After 5 mins use knife to cut into cubes and leave it undisturbed.Once cooled store in air tight container and it stays good for about a week
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking
1,175 total views, 19 views today
The post Mysore Pak (Indian Classic Fudge) appeared first on Akshayascooking.