which tastes divine… This is my granny recipe which is loved by my whole family and today thought to share with you all and mainly this can be mixed in rice for quick lunch or used as side dish for dosa/idly.You can also check out recipes which can be mixed in rice for quick lunch Idly podi/Gun powder , Tomato thokku , Pulicha keerai thokku
Serving : 5 Total time : 15 mins
- Curry leaf- 1 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Red chili-6 [adjust according to spice level]
- Urad dal-2 tsp
- Channa dal-2 tsp
- Garlic-5 to 6
- Tamarind pulp- 1 inch
- Oil-1 tsp
Curry leaves powder recipe:
- If you are in hot place , you can dry the curry leaf under sun for 2 days or else you can skip this step.
- Clean and rinse curry leaf well with water.Dry Roast Curry leaf and make sure there is no moisture until it is crispy.Transfer to separate plate.
- Heat pan with 1 tsp of oil , hing, red chili ,garlic for about 3-4 mins.Transfer to plate.
- In the same pan roast channa dal, urad dal until it changes to slight brown in color.Transfer to plate.
- Switch of the stove, once it is cooled grind to fine powder.If you feel there is more moisture add more dried curry leaf,adjust spice level and grind it.
- Make sure there is no moisture after grinding into fine powder, if there is moisture then add more dried curry leaf,adjust spice level and grind it.
- Mix it along with rice,sesame oil or ghee for quick lunch recipe or you can use it as side dish for idly/dosa.
- It stays good for week or refrigerate for about a month.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking
Mini Idly with Podi
1,600 total views, 205 views today
The post Curry leaves powder | Karuveppilai Podi appeared first on Akshayascooking.