I’ve always loved curried chicken salads. There’s something about the flavor of curry powder that just goes so well with chicken. But it also needs a touch of sweetness, which the mangoes and blueberries in this recipe provides.
And for the crunch, I added in some pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut. The slight crunch that the pumpkin seeds add is really necessary!
The creaminess to this chicken salad recipe is simply from coconut cream. It goes so well with the curry flavor!
How do you eat this curried chicken salad? Personally, I found it went really well with some butternut squash that I roasted in the oven (butternut squash and curry powder go well together!). But you can also just eat this with a green salad or by itself.
For another version of a more traditional curried chicken salad recipe, check out this recipe made with Paleo mayo, cashews, raisons, and celery.
Step-by-step Instructions for Paleo Mango Coconut Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
Dice the chicken breast very small.
Pan-fry the diced chicken in some coconut oil.
Let the cooked chicken pieces cool in a bowl for a few minutes. Place into the fridge if you’re in a hurry.
Add the chopped mangoes and blueberries to the bowl with the cooked chicken pieces.
Add in the raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas).
Add in the shredded coconut.
Add in the curry powder.
Pour in the coconut cream and mix well. Add in salt to taste and some diced chives or green onions.
Serve on top of a salad.
Or serve loaded on some roasted butternut squash. The curry flavor goes really well with the butternut squash.
Pinterest Image for Mango Coconut Curried Chicken Salad Recipe [Paleo]
- 2 chicken breast, diced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup (200 g) mango, diced small
- ¼ cup (50 g) blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chives or green onions, diced
- 2 Tablespoons shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (60 ml) coconut cream (or the top of a refrigerated can of coconut milk)
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- Salt to taste
- Dice the chicken breast into small pieces and pan-fry them in the coconut oil until fully cooked. Let cool.
- Place the chicken pieces into a large bowl with the mango, blueberries, pumpkin seeds, chives, coconut shreds, curry powder, coconut cream, and salt to taste. Mix together well.
- Serve by itself, on top of a salad, or on a baked butternut squash half.
The post Mango Coconut Curried Chicken Salad Recipe [Paleo] appeared first on Paleo Flourish Magazine.