Chicken Masala is a famous South Indian Cuisine known for its authentic spicy flavour and rich creamy coconut texture. Goes well with rice or paratha.
- 1 kg whole chicken or (thigh fillets) cut and washed
- 6 tbsp of coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 2.5 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 3 green chillies
- 12-15 pieces of curry leaves
- 1.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 1.5 tsp chilli powder
- 1.5 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp of garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- For making a paste.
- 3 tbsp of fresh coconut or desiccated coconut or coconut cream
- 2 tbsp of poppy seeds
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- Heat oil in a large pressure cooker.
- Once hot add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add onion, curry leaves and green chillis
- Saute them until onions turn golden brown
- Now add ginger and garlic paste and cook for 2 mins
- Now add chilli, coriander, turmeric and garma masala powder and stir well for a min
- Add salt
- Add tomatoes and saute for further 5 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well with the masala to cover the chicken properly
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and let it cook on high flame till 2 whistles
- After 2 whistles, carefully remove the cooker from the gas and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a smooth paste of coconut, poppy seeds, fennel seeds and cinnamon powder.
- Add water if required.
- Now remove the additional steam from the cooker and transfer the chicken to curry pot.
- Add coconut paste and coriander leaves to the chicken and cook on medium flame for 10 minutes with a lid on
- Serve hot and enjoy
See also Chicken Madras Curry
The post Chicken Masala appeared first on Indian Kitchen Diaries.
This post first appeared on Indian Kitchen Diaries - Easy And Authentic Indian, please read the originial post: here