No need of introduction for baking a cake in an oven. But how to bake a super moist cake on stove top? Yes, you can...here is the recipe. A classic dessert which is buttery rich with full of pineapple flavor. An upside down pineapple cake is a cake which is baked in a single pan and then turned over and served upside down. Here am sharing with you an easy pineapple upside down cake without an oven. So lets see how to make pineapple upsidedown cake without an oven / pineapple desserts /old fashioned pineapple upside down cake. Enjoy!!
All purpose flour / maida - 1.5 cup
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Baking soda - quarter tsp
Salt - a pinch
Butter - 75 g + 2 tsp for greasing the tray (i added less butter only, you can add 100 g instead if you are not more concerned about your health..hehee )
Sugar - 1 cup, can add more or less + 2 tbsp
Egg - 2 nos
Pine apple juice - quarter a cup
Milk - 4 tbsp
Vanilla essence - half tsp
Pineapple slices - 4 nos or as required
Cherries - as required
- Here we are baking this cake on stove top. No need of further introduction for baking a cake in oven. So you can bake the same cake following the same recipe in OVEN TOO.
- Grease a round cake pan with 2 tsp of softened butter (can add more butter as per your taste only). Sprinkle 2 tbsp of sugar evenly all over it. Now layer the pineapple slices and cherries. Set aside.
- Sift together all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt in a separate plate and set aside.
- Now take a bowl and beat together softened butter and sugar until creamy. Then add eggs and again beat till well combined and creamy.
- To this add milk, pine apple juice and vanilla essence. Combine very well.
- Now add the flour mixture little by little. Fold them well with the egg mixture. Do not beat after adding flour mixture.
- Then pour this batter to the prepared cake pan over the layered pineapple slices and cherries. Spread it evenly.
BAKING IN OVEN
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until done at 180 degree C. (Check by inserting a tooth pick and if it comes out clean then it is done.). Place a tray and top it with a butter paper and then place this prepared cake pan over it. This gives a perfect texture to the cake while baking in an oven.
STOVE TOP BAKING (NO OVEN BAKING)
- Heat a non stick vessel with lid. Once hot , make the flame very low and keep the prepared cake pan with batter inside this preheated vessel and close the lid. Cook for 40 minutes in a very low flame.
- Insert a toothpick after 30 minutes (for checking only) and once the toothpick comes out clearly, remove from flame.
- Take out the tray and allow it to cool for 10 minutes at room temperature. Slowly loosen the sides with a knife if required and flip it to a plate or turn the Cake upside down. Cool it completely.
- Now slice it and enjoy.
This post first appeared on Easy Dessert And Vegetarian Recipes | Fish Recipes - AYESHA'S KITCHEN, please read the originial post: here