Here am sharing an old fashioned onion ringlets / onion rings recipe with no egg and no bread crumbs. This thin onion slice will surely makes your evening more special. I love burger kings crispy fried onion rings and will share that yummy treat soon in my coming posts. Onion rings are a form of appetizer or a side dish found in US, Canada, UK, Australia and like so. But this is an easy onion rings recipe with only few ingredients in your pantry. This onion ring batter is same like potato pakora / pakoda batter. Hope you all love this thin crispy onion ringlets. Do try this recipe onion rings with no egg and no bread crumbs accompanied by condiments including ketchup, mayonnaise etc...
Onion - 1, slice it into thin / quarter inch slices
Gram flour / Besan - 1 small cup
Baking powder - quarter tsp
Chili powder - a pinch or more or can skip
Salt (add less salt)
- Slice the onion into quarter inch slices or thin slices and set aside.
- Now make the batter by mixing gram flour, baking powder, chili powder, salt and quarter cup of water. Mix well to a fine thick batter with your hands. As we are not using egg (eggless version) the batter must be very thick to coat the onion rings.
- Now heat a non stick pan with oil. The oil must be medium hot. You must make sure about it before dropping the onion rings.
- Now dip each slice in the thick batter and drop it in the hot oil. Drop it one by one. Repeat the same with remaining rings. The onion slice must coat fully with the batter while dropping. You can see the rings fluffing up in the oil and it shows the right consistency of the batter.
- Deep fry the rings for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Fry in batches and transfer to a paper towel.
- Serve hot along with ketchup.
This post first appeared on Easy Dessert And Vegetarian Recipes | Fish Recipes - AYESHA'S KITCHEN, please read the originial post: here