Eggless Cumin Cookies Recipe with step by step photos - How many of you like the Indian style bakery biscuits like nankhatai ?? Cumin cookies are typically Indian style biscuits which are heavily flavored with rich aroma of cumin. Little sweet and little salty biscuits, I love to dip them in my chai, so yum!
Jeera biscuits are a perfect tea time snacks. It is easy to make..this is also called Cumin Shortbread Cookies which is made up with all purpose flour, sugar, butter and flavored with rich aroma of jeera...
aha yumm, my home is totally filled with the aroma of jeera after these cookies, i loved the flavor of jeera !!
Today, it's our 30th Foodie Monday Bloghop event and it's such a fun theme this time its "Microwave Cooking or Baking" anything.
I really liked this theme because "Baking a cookies is always a pleasure experience for me" and its become my passion too..baking anything like cake, cookies or big list is pending to tried in my kitchen :P :D
It's a popular tea time cookie and is easily available in most bakery shops in India. Super easy fail proof recipe that has been tested and tried in my kitchen.
It is light and flaky cookies. Make them in bulk and store in air tight container to enjoy them for next few days.
They are crispy, sweet, salty and buttery that melts in your mouth in every bite.
If you are fond of homemade cookies then you can easily make it at home. This cookie is really attached with my sweet childhood memories, it's really very famous at my place.
You can tried end number of baking recipes like
Vegan Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake Recipe
Stuffed Rose Brioche Bread Recipe
WholeWheat Calzones Recipe
Eggless Indian Shortbread Cookies
Eggless Mini Sugar Doughnuts
Let's start to make this easy and quick recipe of cumin cookies with simple step-by-step process with photos.
All purpose flour/Maida - 1 cup
Cumin seeds/Jeera - 1 tbsp
Milk (at room temperature)- 4 tbsp or 1/4 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1/4 cup
Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
Baking soda - A pinch(optional)
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Preparation Method :
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C degrees.
2. In a baking tray, take 1 tbsp of cumin seeds and microwave them for 1 minutes or till you get a nice fragrance from them. Set aside.
3. Sieve refined flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and keep aside.
4. Take a big bowl and add soft butter (at room temp) and sugar and mix it well to make a smooth cream.
5. Then add the 3/4 tsp of roasted cumin and the flour mixture and mix properly. Reserve the remaining cumin seeds to sprinkle on top of the cookies.
6. Add some milk in the mixture to make it in a dough.
7. Now make a ball from the dough. Cling wrap the ball keep it in a fridge for 10-15 minutes.
8. Put a cling wrap(in which cookie dough is wrapped) or butter paper or polythene sheet on a flat surface. Roll to make a smooth medium thick chapati.
9. Cut into round or any shape ( I used 4 star shapes and rest of them is circle)
10. Spread a butter paper in the baking sheet and arrange biscuits over it and add remaining roasted cumin seeds on top of the cookies.
11. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, do keep a watch after 15 minutes as each oven have little different setting.
12. When biscuit become light golden in color, remove from the oven. Let the biscuit cool down completely
13. Serve it with a cup of tea or glass of milk. Store in a airtight jar.
Happy Cooking and Enjoy !!
If you decide to make this dish, I would love to see how it turned out for you.
Drop me an email with pics at [email protected]