|Easy Soft Fluffy Idli|
Idli is a south Indian cuisine recipe. It is savory molded rice cake. It is eaten at breakfast or as a snack in whole south India and neighboring countries like Sri Lanka.
This Idli is made from rice and urad dal. To make it more soft, sometimes baking soda or fruit salt is also added. But you can make it without them also. You can served as a breakfast or as a lunch and dinner as well. Always it is served with Coconut Chutney and Sambar.
There are two types of cooking style for making idli – in idli steamer and in microwave. Idli batter recipe and method will be same in both styles.
Make Idli In idli steamer:
Brush oil to idli maker plate
Pour Idli batter on idli maker plate
Arrange Idli Maker plate on idli stand
Add water in idli maker steamer and place idli stand in it,cover it and cook for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, remove Idli maker Stand and let it cool for 2 minutes
Make Idli In Microwave:
You can follow above process in microwave idli maker by only one condition that you should have microwave safe idli maker. If you have microwave safe idli maker, follow above step and micro for 3-4 minutes.
|Microwave Safe Idli Maker|
Now in market, electric idli steamer is also available; you can use it as well.
Learn how to make easy, soft, fluffy Idli and Idli Batter recipe at home. Here is step by step process of Idli and Idli batter Recipe.
|Easy Soft Idli|
Rice – 3 cup
Urad dal(split black lentils) – 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds – ½ ts (optional)
Salt – to taste
Baking soda – ½ ts (optional)
Oil – 1 tbs
1. Soak urad dal and fenugreek seeds together for 4-5 hours with enough water.
2. Soak rice for 4-5 hours with enough water.
3. After 4-5 hours, strain water.
4. Grind soaked rice well and make smooth paste. (You can add very little water to grind, if needed. Approx 4-5 tbs.)
5. Grind soaked urad dal and fenugreek seeds well and make smooth paste. (never grind rice and urad dal together)
6. Make a fine paste which consistency is like whipped cream.
7. Mix rice and urad dal paste well and cover it.
8. Rest them for 8 - 10 hours in a warm place to ferment.
9. After that add salt and baking soda; stir well.
10. Now your IDLI BATTER is ready to use.
11. Spread oil on idli maker plate.
12. Pour idli batter on idli maker plate.
13. Arrange idli maker plate on idli stand.
14. Preheat idli steamer with water; place idli stand in it.
15. Cover it and steam for 15 minute or until idli become fluffy.
16. Remove idli from the steamer.
17. Soft and fluffy IDLI is ready to serve.
When removing idli from idli maker plate, let it cool for 2 minutes and then use wet knife to remove idli, you will unmold it easily.
Serve hot with Coconut Chutney, Sambar.
|Idli With Coconut Chutney and Sambar|
You May Also Like:
|Potato Masala Grilled Sandwich|
|Vegetable Manchow Soup|