Complaining that we are too busy for everything has become a habit these days. Even though, I believe it isn't that impossible to find out time for something you love, Few days back I got introduced to a new technique of cooking. Earlier, the dishes that used to take 45-50 minutes, now takes only 10-12 minutes and that is definitely a blessing. Last night, I made sticky herb and veggie Rice and yoghurt rice in a jiffy.
I think many of you want to know the time saving rice recipe. Hence, sharing it below-
- 1cup basmati/any kind of sticky rice of your choice
- 2 cup water
- Chopped Veggies of your choice (I have opted for chopped spring onion, carrots, red green n yellow bell peppers
- 1tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4th tsp lemon pepper
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tsp oil
- 1tsp butter
- Wash the rice and keep it for 15minutes.
- Now take a cooker, add the oil. Now add some spring onion and other chopped veggies.
- Above the veggies layer sprinkle bit of salt and herbs. Now add the rice. Add the soya sauce and butter.
- Make another layer with the remaining veggies, remaining herbs, salt n lil more salt n pepper.
- Add the water.
- Cover the cooker properly.
- Cook it for 10-12 minutes or till 2-3 whistles (not more than that) in HIGH FLAME.
- After that let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Stir once before serving.