Yes, the name sounds different or is it the word error.
Hmm, I was bored of having Chana Batura everytime so though of replacing it by Ragda.
Here is the recipe for white peas masala:
- 1 and 1/2 cup white peas soaked and pressure cooker till soft.
- 1 big onion chopped in small pcs.
- 2 medium size tomato roughly chopped.
- 1 tsp each of mustard and cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp and 1/4 tsp red kashmiri chilli powder (Incase of no kashmiri chili, add as per your choice for spiciness)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp mango powder (Amchur)
- 2 pinch of asafoetida
- Salt as per taste
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- In a kadhai, splutter mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onion and fry this translucent and sprinkle 2 pinch of asafoetida with curry leaves in medium flame.
- Now mix the tomatoes and fry in oil til mushy.
- Once the tomatoes are done, lower the flame and add coriander powder, cumin powder, mango powder, turmeric powder and salt as per required.
- When masala is done well (approx 7-8mins) add the boiled white peas to it and give a boil for 2mins in medium flame stirring to avoid burns.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.