Avial is a delicious preparation made with Mixed Vegetables, curd, Coconut and seasoned with coconut oil and curry leaves.
- Mixed Vegetables (carrot, beans, potato, yam, peas)- 250 grams
- Water - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Grated Coconut - 2-3 tablespoon
- Green Chilly - 1
- Zeera - 1 teaspoon
- Curd / Yoghurt - 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- curry leaves - a few
- Dried red chilly - 1
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
- In a cooker add all the mixed vegetables , water, turmeric Powder and salt and boil until one whistle.
- In a blender add grated coconut, green Chilly, zeera and some water and grind to smooth paste.
- Add the paste to the cooker with the yoghurt..
- Now add oil in another pan and add mustard Seeds, dried Red Chilly and curry leaves and fry well and add them to the cooker.
- Serve with Adai or Rice.