Almond Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites are a protein-packed, healthy snack combining your favorite trail mix, quick oats, protein powder, almond butter, maple syrup, honey, and chocolate.
Looking for a delicious, protein-packed snack?
Hi Everyone, I’m excited to share this incredibly easy-to-make, healthy, protein-packed snack recipe: Almond Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites!
These Energy Bites can be made ahead for the week and freeze well, making them a wonderful meal prep snack option. I can see these energy bites as a great option for an after school snack, pre or post work out snack, or just because!
They are customizable! You can pick your favorite trail mix and protein powder so they can fit your personal tastes. It is a bonus that they are mostly (save for the chocolate chip morsels) naturally sweet with 100% pure maple syrup and wildflower honey. If you want to make them 100% naturally sweet, you could sub the chocolate chips for cacao nibs.
Helpful Tip for Almond Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper to place the energy bites on to before rolling to avoid sticking. You can line your storage container with the paper as well.
Helpful Kitchen Tools:
Here are some helpful kitchen tools for making this recipe:
- measuring spoons and cups
- medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- rimmed baking sheet, optional
- wax or parchment paper, optional
I even have made these energy bites as a light breakfast with my morning coffee. I love an easy breakfast!
Every one of my family members enjoys these Almond Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites (not an easy task). I hope that your family loves them just as much as we do!
If you try this Almond Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites recipe and like it, please give the recipe a rating and let us know in the comments below!
- 1 cup your favorite trail mix (with nuts, dried fruit, etc.)
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 tbsp vegan, gluten-free, soy-free plant-based protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup wildflower honey
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate morsels
- In a food processor, add trail mix, quick oats, and chocolate morsels. Pulse until crumbly, blended, and coarse.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the processed mixture, then add the protein powder, honey, maple syrup, and stir until evenly combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons), scoop energy bites (should make 22-23 bites of this size).
- Roll the scooped bites in your hands until smooth.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper to place the energy bites on to before rolling; you can line your storage container with the paper as well.
We hope you love these Almond Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites from SoFabFood Home Chef, Sara from Life’s Little Sweets. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, stop by our Healthy Snacks Section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!