This Keto Meatball Zoodles Skillet Meal is a low carb dish ready in about 30 minutes. This cheap healthy meal is perfect for a busy weeknight or entertaining guests!
What’s so great about this one skillet meal?
This low carb dish comes together in about 30 minutes and just one pan. No need for extra sides or a lot of dishes because this one-pan Skillet meal has it all in one place! Zoodles, seasoned meatballs, veggies, and cheese come together for a cheap healthy meal no one can resist. Since there’s only one pan, clean up is a breeze as well.
What holds the Keto Meatball together?
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 to 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-quart crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Zucchini Noodles
- In a large bowl combine beef, garlic, mozzarella, Parmesan, parsley, egg, salt, and pepper. Form into 16 meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until golden on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Using the same skillet, add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini noodles, oregano, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add meatballs back to skillet, cover and simmer until sauce has thickened, 15 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan before serving.
Home Chef Tip: If you want a version that's lower in fat, substitute ground turkey for ground beef.
Love this low carb dish? Try these:
- These Creamy, No Mayo Salmon Salad Bowls use avocado and mustard as the base rather than heavy mayonnaise. They are low carb, gluten free, and paleo without the optional black beans. Served up in a lettuce bowl with celery stalk spoons, this is the perfect healthy lunch option.
- If you’re on a gluten-free diet (or even if you’re not!), you’ll love this lightened up version of classic chicken enchiladas! These Low-Carb Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas use veggie noodles instead of tortillas. This healthier classic is a budget-friendly meal perfect for a weeknight dinner!
We hope you love this Keto Meatball Zoodles Skillet Meal from SoFabFood Home Chef, Kimberly from Lou Lou Girls, as much as we do. If you love this simple recipe, stop by our Low Carb Section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!