Perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a fancy date night, this Cheesy 5-Ingredient Baked Gnocchi is a semi-homemade vegetarian dish that everyone will love. What’s not to love about a delicious and simple 30-minute meal?
This 5-Ingredient Baked Gnocchi recipe is super simple, requires very little work, and can be done in less than 15 minutes. This recipe uses a store-bought gnocchi, marinara sauce, and three cheeses (Ricotta, Mozzarella, and Parmesan). This is a perfect mid-week dinner to assemble on the fly.
As a busy mom of two, I often find myself struggling with having enough time to cook dinner for my family. Obviously I love those days when my husband is around and can help with the kids so that I can focus on the cooking.
However, during the busy weeknights I often find myself juggling both the kids and the cooking while my husband’s at work. That’s when an easy dinner like this Cheesy 5-Ingredient Baked Gnocchi is something that makes my life so much easier. If you’re a mom of little kids (mine are one and four), you know exactly what I’m talking about.
All you need are these 5 ingredients:
- Store-bought Potato Gnocchi
- Store-bought Marinara Sauce
- Ricotta Cheese
- Shredded part skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Assembly of this vegetarian dish is super simple!
- Boil the water, then salt it a bit, and boil your gnocchi for 2-3 minutes until they float to the top.
- Remove gnocchi with the slatted spoon and place them into 2 ramekins.
- Add Marinara sauce on top of the gnocchi (if you had your jar in the fridge, you may want to heat it up a bit either in the microwave or on the stove).
- Top the sauce with 3 cheeses: Mozzarella, Ricotta, and Parmesan.
- Then broil for a couple of minutes…and it’s done!
How easy was that? I used gnocchi from the pasta aisle and they only needed two to three minutes to cook, but if you find gnocchi in the freezer aisle, just follow the instructions on the packaging.
If your marinara is at room temperature, just pouring it over the hot gnocchi and then broiling with your cheeses is sufficient to make it warm. But feel free to preheat it prior to adding on top of the gnocchi if you’d like.
How to serve this 5-ingredient baked gnocchi?
This super easy 5-ingredient Baked Gnocchi dish can be served as a main vegetarian course for lunch or dinner. It can also be served as a side dish to either chicken or beef. If you’re looking for easy chicken suggestions to accompany it then check out my blog Innocent Delight and try this recipe for Oven Roasted Chicken Legs (Thighs and Drumsticks). The preparation time takes only five minutes and the oven does the rest.
Whether you decided to serve this 5-ingredient baked gnocchi as a main course or as a side dish, I promise you that everyone will love it. You don’t even have to tell them how little work it involved; that can be our secret. Enjoy!
- 8 oz store-bought Gnocchi (half a package)
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 4 tbsp Ricotta Cheese
- 4 tbsp Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste, optional
- Boil gnocchi according to instructions, drain and divide equally between 2 ramekins (that are about 8 oz each in size).
- Top each ramekin with ½ cup of marinara sauce.
- Then top each with 2 tablespoons ricotta, 2 tablespoons mozzarella, and 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
- Optionally, season with salt and pepper.
- Place ramekins under a preheated broiler and broil for about 5 minutes, until the top is bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: if you need to double the portion, then simply double all the ingredients. If you don’t have individual ramekins, you can double the recipe and make it in an 8 inch square baking dish. However, if you go this route then you may need to broil gnocchi for few a more minutes.
We hope you love this 5-Ingredient Baked Gnocchi recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Edyta from Innocent Delight, as much as we do. If you love this simple recipe and you’re short on time, be sure to visit our 30-Minute Meals Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!