This indulgent Three Cheese Fettuccine with Bacon is the perfect cheat day meal! Creamy, velvety, and delicious, this meal comes together in less than 30 minutes and the taste is simply out of this world!
Hey there, it’s Edyta from Innocent Delight and today I’m bringing you an amazing recipe for this Three Cheese Fettuccine with Bacon.
Many moons ago, when I was back in Poland, I used to enjoy one of my favorite Italian restaurants right in my hometown. They served the best Fettuccine Carbonara I could imagine. Mind you, at that time, it was the only Carbonara I had ever tasted. It was creamy, velvety, and delicious. I was convinced that it is made with Heavy Cream. Little did I know that carbonara sauce is actually made with just eggs and Cheese.
I really wanted to recreate this dish and was asking around to see if anyone knew a good carbonara sauce recipe. A friend of mine gave me this simple idea: just use Bacon, garlic, heavy cream, and cheese, and it will be delicious.
She was right. I used bacon, garlic, heavy cream, and cheese and it came out beyond what I ever could’ve imagined. Over the years I decided to take this recipe up a notch and add different kinds of cheeses for delightfully different variations.
This was how this recipe for Three Cheese Creamy Fettuccine with Bacon was born. Let me tell you something….it’s super easy to make. It comes together very quickly. You can basically make the sauce while the pasta is cooking. Fettuccine cooks to al dente in just 12 minutes. That’s just how quickly you can have this whole dish on your plate.
Three Cheese Fettuccine + Bacon in less than 30 minutes!
To make this Three Cheese Creamy Fettuccine with bacon, I used:
- Fettuccine pasta
- Heavy cream
- Gruyere Cheese
- Fontina Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
I know I used some fancy cheeses here, just because I do like the variety and how they blend together when melted. You could simply use a white sharp cheddar and Parmesan and you would be good to go. It will be two cheese pasta, but still delicious. I used to make it with one cheese and it was an absolute favorite, so don’t stress if you can’t get your hands on Gruyere or Fontina. Use Cheddar, Provolone, or an Italian Blend and enjoy!
- ½ pound Fettuccine pasta or other long shape pasta
- 5 slices of bacon (about 4 oz), cut into small pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Italian Fontina cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, then generously infuse it with salt and cook pasta according to instructions.
- Place bacon into a large frying pan and let it cook for 5 minutes, until crispy.
- Remove half of the bacon and save it for garnish.
- Remove most, except for 1 tablespoon, of bacon fat from the pan.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add heavy cream and cook for about 5 minutes until thickened and reduced by half.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add all the cheeses and mix well.
- Add about ½ cup of pasta water to loosen up the sauce.
- Add freshly ground black pepper and check if any salt is needed.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and mix well.
- Serve with remaining bacon bits and fresh scallion.
Home Chef Tips: You may need to add more pasta water than just ½ cup. It will depend on how thick you like your sauce. You can substitute Gruyere and Fontina with white sharp cheddar.
We hope you love this Three Cheese Fettuccine with Bacon recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Edyta from Innocent Delight, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our 30-Minute Meals Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!