This sweet and spicy Peach Goat Cheese Jalapeño Pizza is a blissful twist on traditional grilled pizza! Seasonal peaches top this homemade crust along with goat cheese, corn, and caramelized jalapeños. You need this recipe in your life!
I am super excited to share this recipe with you today because it’s the first pizza recipe we’ve made since last summer, which means the weather is warming up again and grilling season is here once more! We have our typical grilling go-tos like stuffed jalapeños, potato wedges, wings, and of course, pizza.
Peach Goat Cheese Jalapeño Pizza Recipe
This pizza has all kinds of sweet and spicy goodness. We recently made tacos with caramelized jalapeños, and that gave me the idea. Why not try them on pizza too? Add some corn and peaches, and the result is a sweet and spicy take on an all-time favorite.
I like to make my own crust since it’s hard to beat fresh pizza dough! If you’re trying it out for the first time, it’s my advice that it’s more important to pay attention to how the dough feels rather than to exact measurements. When you’re adding water to the flour, it’s best to under add initially because you can always add more as you go. You want the dough to be fairly sticky so it will stay together, and don’t forget to leave time for it to rise.
Of course, if you’d like to save on time and effort, you can buy your pizza crust pre-made. The rest of the assembly is simple. Caramelize some jalapeños and red onion, toss on the corn, peaches, and goat cheese, and grill!
Peach Goat Cheese Jalapeño Pizza
To make the dough:
- Add the water, yeast, sugar, and 1/2 cup of the flour into a mixing bowl. Whisk well; let sit for 20 minutes. It will become bubbly.
- Add olive oil, salt, and 1 1/2 cups of flour to the mixing bowl; mix well using a spoon and then your hands until it's dry enough to work with.
- Knead on a lightly-floured surface. Add more flour, a little at a time, until a soft, elastic and slightly sticky dough forms.
- Brush the inside of a large bowl with oil. Place the ball of dough into the bowl, turning so that the dough is lightly coated in oil. Cover with a dish towel and let sit in a warm spot for 2 hours or until the dough doubles in size.
- Once the dough is finished rising, punch it down and place on a lightly-floured surface. Roll dough with a rolling pin until it is 1/3 inch thick. (Split the dough in half and roll each out if making 2 smaller pizzas).
To make the caramelized jalapeños:
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the jalapeños, sugar, and red onion. Cook until jalapeños are darkly browned, about 6-9 minutes.
When you're ready to cook:
- Light grill to hot (500-600ºF). Brush the dough lightly with olive oil.
- Dust pizza peel lightly with cornmeal (to prevent sticking). Transfer pizza dough to the pizza peel. Top evenly with shredded mozzarella, corn, peach slices, goat cheese, thyme, basil, and caramelized jalapeños and onions.
- Slide onto grill and cook for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza crust is crisp.
Home Chef Tip: Assemble the pizza directly on the pizza peel so you don't have to lift a raw pizza off the counter and into the grill!
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
We hope you love this Grilled Peach Goat Cheese Jalapeño Pizza recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Sarah from Drool Worthy Daily, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, be sure to check out our other Pizza Recipes to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!