Doing an uncomplicated comforting bake at home is preferred by more people. It is an uplift to the spirit because you can do it right in your home kitchen with just basic ingredients present in your pantry. I know it because I receive so many compliments for sharing such content.
This blog is all about delicious unchallenging bakes. Times when we can do it and when we can do it victoriously right, we feel pleased. And I believe this is the part of life that is most underrated. Finding joy in small things. Baking at a professional level is totally different, people who do that, their pleasure sprawls in that zone. You totally need professional training to reach that level. Baking for the family is different and carries a different delight.
This recipe of Eggless Red Velvet marble cake is one of those recipes that will bring you a joyous lush. You will be able to bake it easily, your family will love it and it is one of the best cake slices you can enjoy with your evening tea or coffee.
There is a recipe video attached in the post below for a quick understanding. Do like and subscribe to the channel so all the video will reach you first as I post them.
One question that I have been asked the most is what oven to buy. Actually, that totally depends on your usage. I have an article written on this topic, you can check it out. I have been using Morphy Richard 60L for a very long time now. I am a regular baker and this OTG has been an inseparable companion to me.
I would like to share a few pointers with you, which will help you bake a beautiful looking, gorgeously delicious eggless Red Velvet Marble cake at home.
- The recipe is called for cake flour. Click on the link and you will find how you can make cake flour at home.
How to make cake flour at home.
2. The recipe begins with buttermilk, which is a simple mix of milk and vinegar. You can use the same amount of lemon juice instead of vinegar. Make sure to let it sit for 5-7 minutes on your kitchen counter before using it in the recipe.
3. The recipe calls for warm water, make sure it is not room temperature or boiling hot.
4. I have used sour cream in the recipe. you can either buy it or can make it at home. Here is the link, explaining how to make sour cream at home.
How to make sour cream at home
5. Red food colour is essential because we are doing red velvet cake. You can reduce the quantity of food colour in your recipe if you don’t feel comfortable using so much artificial food colour. It will affect the colour, not the taste or texture of your cake.
6. I have used a loaf pan to bake this marble cake. You can bake the same cake in a round cake pan. For this recipe, you will need a 9inch round cake pan. I suggest using a springform pan with a removable base tray. But remember the baking time will reduce. You will need 30- 40 minutes of baking time.
7. My loaf pan is a silicon one, which is an incredible product. I don’t have to line it with parchment paper even. The cake just slides out so easily after cooling. This loaf pan, I had got from Austria and I am not sure if amazon India will offer you the same quality. You can use the regular loaf pan, just make sure to line it with a sheet of parchment paper.
Eggless Red Velvet Marble Cake
- Mixing bowls
- Loaf cake pan
- 1/4th cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 cups cake flour https://youtu.be/pdvhgWZWr3c
- 1 tsp baking powder https://amzn.to/3gR0Gqf
- 1/2 tsp baking soda https://amzn.to/3vTEdx1
- 1/4th tsp salt
- 1 and 1/4th cup sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence https://amzn.to/2UmWky7
- 1/4 cup Sour cream https://youtu.be/nTqoiaHANg4
- 1 tbsp red food colour https://amzn.to/3xLVGZx
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder https://amzn.to/3w1A5ex
- We start with making buttermilk. Pour 1/4th cup of milk (room temperature) in a bowl and add 1 tsp of vinegar to it. Stir it gently and let it sit on the kitchen counter for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, you go ahead with the rest of the steps.
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Whisk all the ingredients well using a whisk. These are your dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, we prepare our wet ingredients. Add warm water, vegetable oil, vanilla essence, prepared buttermilk and sour cream. Whisk all the ingredients well.
- Now, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a whisk to combine them. Make sure not to overmix the batter. Once the ingredients come together don’t whisk any further.
- Divide the batter equally into two bowls. To one of the bowl add cocoa powder and red food colour. Use a spatula to fold the colour and cocoa into the batter.
- Spoon alternating layers of batter into the baking pan https://amzn.to/3qkBITf. Refer to the video for details. Use a skewer to make swirls in the batter.
- Bake for 55 minutes in a preheated oven at 180*C. https://amzn.to/3ja7EIuOnce done let the cake cool down completely on the wire rack and enjoy.
Eggless Banana Muffins
Eggless Pistachio Marble Cake
Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
The post Eggless Red Velvet Marble Cake appeared first on 2 Bliss of Baking.