- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 large bananas (really ripe with lots of brown spots)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Mash the bananas and add the egg yolks and vanilla. Mix.
- Add the coconut flour, ground flax seed, soda, powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix with your electrical beater until just combined.
- Beat your egg whites with an electrical mixer until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold your egg whites into your batter using a spatula. As soon as it is evenly mixed, stop mixing!
- Heat your griddle on medium heat and melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into small puddles onto your grill and cook for 3 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for an additional 3 minutes.
My stove is old and not so reliable, so when you are cooking your pancakes, be careful. Leave them for a couple of minutes, then carefully lift an edge with your spatula to see if that side is a golden brown. If not, let it keep cooking.