Want to put your Pressure cooker to extra use? Then try using it to cook your sweet potatoes in the future! It’s a really simple way to get your sweet potatoes soft and delicious. Plus, cooking sweet potatoes in the pressure cooker is way faster than cooking them in the oven.
If you don’t currently have a pressure cooker, then take a look at the Instant Pot (that’s the one I have). It’s really easy to use and comes with a steaming rack that’s perfect to use to cook your sweet potatoes.
Want to know about the other ways of cooking sweet potatoes as well as different types of sweet potatoes? Then check out this article – Types of Sweet Potatoes (With Images) and Why You Should Eat Each.
How To Cook Sweet Potatoes In Pressure Cooker in 4 Steps
Place the steamer rack into the pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
Add in 1 cup of water. Place the sweet potatoes onto the rack. If you use larger sweet potatoes, then add 3 extra minutes to the cook time.
Set the pressure cooker to cook on high pressure for 16 minutes. On the Instant Pot, set to cook on Manual and set to 16 minutes. Follow your pressure cooker’s instructions for releasing pressure.
Enjoy your sweet potatoes with some coconut oil or ghee.
How To Cook Sweet Potatoes In Pressure Cooker – Pinterest Image
- 1-4 sweet potatoes (6-7 oz each)
- 1 cup water
- Put the steamer rack into the bottom of your pressure cooker pot.
- Add in the 1 cup of water to the pot.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the steamer rack.
- Set the pressure cooker to cook on high pressure for 16 minutes. If your sweet potatoes are very large, then add 3 more minutes to the cook time to ensure the sweet potatoes cook properly.
- Follow your pressure cooker’s instructions for releasing pressure.
- Enjoy with some coconut oil or ghee.
The post How To Cook Sweet Potatoes In Pressure Cooker appeared first on Paleo Flourish Magazine.