Egg Khushka Biryani
Khushka / kuska / khusqa is a popular South Indian rice recipe which is very easy and flavorful. It is actually a plain rice which is very similar to ghee rice. Kuska or this plain rice is usually served along with kebab or vegetable korma or any other non veg curries. Here am sharing the recipe of egg biryani or egg kuska biryani recipe which is paired with crispy fried chicken. Moreover, in this video we will learn how to make biryani or rice in a pressure cooker. For making kuska rice, i used basmati rice only. But you can also use sella rice or kabsa rice instead of basmati rice. And be careful, the cooking time for basmati rice and sella rice varies. A good alternative for plain steamed rice. So kindly watch the video and drop your feedback.
Other related recipes
Chicken kuzhi mandi
Special Chicken Rice
Egg - 3 nos
Basmati rice - 3 cups
Onion - a small piece, sliced
Curd - 2 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
For making paste
Onion - 1, sliced
Tomato - 1, sliced
Garlic - 5 cloves
Ginger - a small pieces, sliced
Green chilies - 5 nos
Coriander leaves chopped
Cardamom - 5 nos
Cinnamon stick - a small pieces
Cloves - 4 nos
Shahi jeera - half tsp
Cumin seed - quarter tsp
Fennel seed - quarter tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - half tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Salt as required
Here is the video for Kuska biryani
- Boil the eggs in a pan and set this aside.
- Wash and Soak the rice in water for 15 minutes. Then drain it and set aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker and add oil. Saute all those ingredients given under for making paste. Once it is done, transfer it to a plate. Allow it to cool and then make a thick paste.
- Again heat the pressure cooker. Add 2 tbsp oil and 1 tsp ghee together. Saute the onion sliced. Once onion turns golden, add the ground paste. Add salt and then add the curd. Combine very well.
- Finally add the hard boiled eggs and mix well.
- To this, pour 4.5 cups of water. That is for 1 cup of rice we are using 1.5 cups of water, if we are cooking in pressure cooker.
- Once the water starts to boil, add the drained rice and pressure it over a low flame.
- Switch off the flame just before the first whistle starts.
- Then let it set aside for 15 minutes. After that open the lid and give a nice mix.
- Egg kuska is ready. I served it along with chicken fry and condiments.
This post first appeared on Easy Dessert And Vegetarian Recipes | Fish Recipes - AYESHA'S KITCHEN, please read the originial post: here