EASY BREAKFAST FOR KIDS/LABOTTA
We all know that Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. But due to lack of time, many of us skip having breakfast. Here am with an easy and yummy dish to serve for breakfast. This mildly sweet dish is also best to serve as an evening snack as well. Labotta - the name itself is interesting right? The dough of labotta is almost similar to the dough of poratta (Indian bread). Poratta is considered as one of the favorites and popular dish of Keralites. The dough for labotta is prepared using ripe plantain and All purpose flour or maida. But for a healthy version, you can use wheat flour instead of maida. I paired this easy and simple dish along with thick coconut milk and sugar mixture. It tastes amazingly good even with a nice cup of tea and so it doesn't require any side dish. The addition of ripe plantain makes this dish tastier and more special. Moreover, this breakfast recipe is kids friendly and they would surely love to pack this mildly sweet dish in their snack box. Do substitute maida or All purpose flour with wheat flour and make a simple and healthy breakfast for your family.
All purpose flour / maida - 1.5 cups
Ripe plantain - 1, boiled and make a smooth paste along with sugar
Egg - 1
Black Sesame seed - 1 tsp
Salt - half tsp
Here is the video showing how to make Labotta - an easy tasty breakfast recipe
- Boil the plantain or banana very well and ground it along with sugar. Do not add more sugar. Set aside ready.
- In a large bowl, combine together maida, sesame seeds, and salt. Cobine well with hand or spoon.
- To this, add egg and combine again.
- Then add the thick banana paste and mix very well. Apply some ghee on your palm and knead it to a smooth dough.
- When done keep, covered for half an hour.
- Then heat a pan over medium flame. Grease the pan with ghee. Make medium sized balls out of this dough and flatten each ball using the pathiri presser or chapati presser. Add it to the hot pan. Cook until both sides are done. You must spread ghee over the labotta before flipping.
- When done transfer it to a plate and set aside covered.
- Serve this along with thick coconut milk and condensed milk mixture or thick coconut milk and sugar mixture.
- Here is the video link - LABOTTA
This post first appeared on Easy Dessert And Vegetarian Recipes | Fish Recipes - AYESHA'S KITCHEN, please read the originial post: here