HOW TO MAKE PANEER AT HOME
Paneer is a mild flavored Indian cheese made from full Cream Milk. Paneer is known as vegetarians meat. You can make lots of tasty and simple dishes with this cottage cheese. Paneer tikka masala, paneer butter masala, shahi paneer, paneer burji, curried paneer are some of the popular dishes with this awesome ingredient. It is very easy to make paneer at home. Just with two ingredients you can make perfect paneer at home. Whole cream milk and lemon juice are the two ingredients for making paneer. You can use vinegar or curd instead of lemon juice. Adding curd/ yogurt yields more quantity of paneer. Paneer is excellent in taste and yet it is perfect for health too. Paneer is a good source of protein, especially for vegetarians. As paneer is made from protein, it makes one feel full for long after eating it. Paneer contains a fatty acid that helps to lose weight. And so for those who want to shed weight must include paneer in their diet. Paneer is good for teeth and bones. So let us see how to make paneer at home. It is very simple and so please try to make this cottage cheese at home. Here is the recipe showing how to make paneer.
Full cream milk - 1 liter (4 cups)
INGREDIENTS (1 cup = 250 ml)
Lemon juice/vinegar - 2 tbsp
Muslin cloth for straining
- For making paneer, you have to use full cream milk or whole milk.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan over the medium-low flame.
- When the milk starts to boil, reduce the flame and stir continuously.
- When it becomes frothy or bubbles start to rise, add vinegar or lemon juice. Stir for 5 seconds and you can see milk starts to curdle. Now switch off the flame. Keep it for another 5 seconds.
- Take a bowl. Keep the strainer over it. Line the strainer with a muslin cloth or a cotton towel.
- Pour the paneer along with the water to this muslin cloth.
- Pour cold water over the collected panner to get rid of the lemon taste.
- Squeeze the paneer well with your hands and drain the excess water to the bowl below (this water is good for glowing skin).
- Now keep the muslin cloth along with paneer over an upside-down colander and keep a heavy weight on it. Allow it to set for 30 minutes.
- Once it becomes firm like a block(for me it took only 30 minutes), cut into cubes. Keep it in an airtight container and store in the freezer for future use.
This post first appeared on Easy Dessert And Vegetarian Recipes | Fish Recipes - AYESHA'S KITCHEN, please read the originial post: here