Curd rice which is popularly known as Thayir sadam in Indian states of Karnataka, Tamil nadu and Kerala. This special rice yogurt recipe is very simple to make and is mostly accompanied with South Indian pickles. A perfect dish which aid to easy digestion and is considered as best for kids lunch meal. There are lots of variations in the preparation of this yogurt rice / curd rice. The variation is mostly in the seasoning of this rice recipe. The seasoning ranges from grated carrot to pomegranate seeds, raisins, fried cashews or like so. Here i used the carrot slices as the additional ingredients. You can serve this curd rice chilled or lukewarm. Do try this simple healthy rice recipe / dahi chawal / thayir sadam which is one of the best comfort food during summer. As the intake of yogurt or curd helps to reduce our body temperature, it is served after a delectable meal to balance the heat. And moreover this is the best way to make use of leftover rice effectively. Here is the recipe showing how to make thayir sadam / yogurt rice / curd rice / rice yogurt / indian vegetarian recipes / simple indian recipes /brown rice recipes.
Related Rice recipes
Egg fried rice
Cooked rice - 1 cup , cooled
Thick curd /yogurt - half a cup (adjust as required)
Salt as required
Carrot thinly sliced - 3 tsp
Green chilies - 1, chopped
Mustard seeds - quarter tsp
Cumin seeds / jeera - less than quarter tsp
Urad dal - half tsp
- Take the cooked rice (cooled) in a large bowl. ( Normally white rice is used for making curd rice / thayir sadam. But here i used brown rice / matta rice, the best way to include brown rice in our diet).
- To this, add fresh curd / yogurt and combine well with the cooked rice. ( Some people mash the cooked rice before adding the curd, but i never prefer so. All you need is, the rice must be little mushy. You can also add little milk if the curd is more sour. ) Add more or less curd as per the consistency needed.
- Now heat a pan with little oil and saute all the ingredients for seasoning.
- Add this seasoning to the curd rice and check for salt.
- Stir well and serve along with pickle or stir fried veggies.
This post first appeared on Easy Dessert And Vegetarian Recipes | Fish Recipes - AYESHA'S KITCHEN, please read the originial post: here