Here am sharing a traditional preparation of duck in coconut milk and spices gravy. Though there are lots of recipes for duck, this curry recipe taste unique as it is simmered in thick coconut milk . If you never tried duck recipe which is slow cooked in coconut milk gravy, get ready for the great melt in the mouth curry recipe or gravy. Weekends are the time to relax and enjoy. For me, the enjoyment is through watching movies and having some delicious food without spending more hours in kitchen. I love cooking non veg food in weekends, especially on Friday (as i am a UAE resident) . But all i prefer is super quick yet delicious recipes. As duck is considered as a great choice for a special festive meal or holiday lunch ideas, this curry recipe with duck is well worth the effort and is super easy. Here is the recipe showing how to make Duck curry coconut milk / duck mappas / duck dishes / holiday lunch ideas/ curry recipe . Do try .
Related duck recipes
Duck - 300 g, without skin, cut into small pieces
Onion - 2 nos, small, sliced
Tomato - 1, big, sliced
Green chilies - 2 nos, slit
Kashmir chili powder - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - half tbsp
Thick coconut milk - 1 cup
Shallots - 1 tbsp, chopped, for seasoning
To coarse grind
Ginger - a small piece
Garlic - 4 cloves
Fennel seed - 1 tsp
Cloves, cinnamon stick - 2 nos each
Cumin seed - half tsp
Bay leaves - 1
We need only 2 tbsp of this paste
- Clean the duck well and cut into small pieces. Some people cook the duck with skin but i prefer duck pieces without skin. Drain it aside.
- Coarse grind the ingredients given under ' to coarse grind ' and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add green chilies. Saute for a while and then add two table spoon of coarse grind paste. Saute until raw smell goes off.
- To this, add sliced onion. Saute well until soft and transparent.
- When done, add sliced tomato and saute for a minute. Then add the spice powders along with some salt. Combine well. Let it cook well until tomato become mushy over a medium flame. Saute continuously.
- Now add the drained duck pieces. Mix very well with the gravy.
- Add half a cup of warm water. Mix again. Duck itself will release water when heated. So do not add more water.
- Close the lid and cook for 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, open the lid and pour a cup of thick coconut milk. Mix well and let it cook over a medium flame until thick. This slow cooking makes this curry more yummy.
- When done, heat a pan with a table spoon of oil and fry shallots chopped, curry leaves. Top this over the prepared curry for seasoning. Do not skip this step.
- Serve along with Appam, Ghee rice, Steamed rice, chapati or like so.
This post first appeared on Easy Dessert And Vegetarian Recipes | Fish Recipes - AYESHA'S KITCHEN, please read the originial post: here