Today we show you an original way of cooking the cheeks, since they are usually made stewed, but in the Oven they are made in less time and they are just as juicy.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 4 pork cheeks
- Ground black pepper
- 1 squirt of vinegar
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Chopped parsley
- 1 large potato
- 1 onion
- With a knife remove the grease from the cheeks (white part).
- Pour a splash of olive oil in your hands and pass them on both sides of the cheeks.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper also on both sides.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and onions.
- Cut the potatoes and onion into strips thinly.
- Preheat the oven to 180º.
- In a dish suitable for the oven, put the base of potatoes and onions.
- Place the cheeks on top and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind the cloves of unpeeled garlic, the vinegar, a little water and the chopped parsley in a mortar.
- After 15 minutes of the oven, pour the mashed on the cheeks and let it cook in the oven for 30 minutes more.