Today we want to share with you the recipe of the "Miguelitos", typical sweets of La Roda, in Albacete, which we love. Have you tried them?
- 2 sheets of rectangular Puff pastry
- 18 oz semi-skimmed milk
- 1.8 of cornstarch
- 3.2 of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Sugar glass
- Spread the sheets of puff pastry and cut them with a knife in rectangles (I cut it more or less than 7cmx5cm).
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a tray and place the rectangles of puff pastry without touching them.
- Bake for 10 minutes at approximately 100º placing the tray in the center of the oven.
- When the puff pastry has risen and is golden, remove them from the oven and let them cool in a rack.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk with the cinnamon stick and the vanilla essence to infuse. When it has been a while, remove it from the heat and let it stand at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch.
- Add the milk (removing the cinnamon) and stir with some rods until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Pour everything over the pan and heat over medium heat while stirring continuously with the rods to avoid burning.
- About 5 minutes later, you will see that the cream begins to thicken and will be ready.
- Let it cool by covering it with plastic wrap so that it does not dry out (the film must be in contact with the pastry cream, without gaps) and then cover it with the lid of the pot.
- When the puff has cooled, cut it gently in half.
- Put the cream in a pastry bag when it has cooled and fill the miguelitos.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top.