This traditional stew of Beans with cuttlefish is delicious, we ate it this summer on a trip to Cantabria and we loved the mix of flavors and the softness of the cuttlefish.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 4.3 oz of white beans
- 1/2 can of fish broth
- 1 teaspoon of salmorreta
- 1 clean sepia
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 1 small carrot
- Olive oil
- Soak the beans the night before to soften them.
- Peel the onion, carrot and tomato.
- Cut the onion into small squares.
- Grate the tomato and the carrot.
- In a pan with a dash of olive oil, sauté the onion until it softens.
- Add the grated tomato and carrot.
- Sprinkle a little salt and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the half can of fish broth along with 1 can of water.
- Drain the beans and add them when the broth has begun to boil.
- Cut cuttlefish into large squares.
- When the beans are almost at their point, add the cuttlefish to the pan and boil for another 10 minutes.