Pani Puri also called as Gol Gappa in North India. It's one of the famous street food in India, which is all time favorite of so many people including me.
This is my second attempt with Pani Puri. I know, Its little bit messy to Prepare this at home, people rather prefer to eat it from the street cart pani puri walla's, but people who stay abroad or concerned with food hygiene can prepare pani puri at home.
- Puri's : 50 ( from the shop )
For the Pani :
- Coriander leaves : 1 cup
- Mint leaves : 1 cup
- Green chilly : 1 large
- Tamarind : 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder : 1 tsp
- Ginger : 1 inch
- Jaggery powdered : 2 tbsp
- Chat masala powder : 1 tsp
- Salt : to taste
- Boondi : 2 tbsp
- Water : 2 cups ( or more depending on how much dilute you need )
Date tamarind chutney :
- Dates seedless : 10
- Tamarind : 3 tbsp
- Jaggery powdered : 1 tbsp
- Water : half a cup
- Potato : 3 boiled
- Black Chickpeas : 1/2 cup
- Onion chopped : 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves : 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder : 1 tsp
To Prepare Pani:
- Take all the ingredients from coriander leaves to Jaggery in a blender and grind it.
- Remove from blender , add salt , chat masala powder and water. Mix well.
- Then strain it to remove any ingredient that is not ground.
- Add boondi on top of it.
To Prepare Date Tamarind chutney:
- Grind Dates in blender adding little water. Ground dates, along with tamarind and water , put it in a pan and bring it boil.
- You can add more water to dilute it if needed. Even thick chutney tastes good. Strain it if needed.
To Prepare Filling:
- Soak 1/2 cup of black chic peas overnight in water.
- Boil potato and chic peas in pressure cooker up to 4 whistles.
- Take it out, Mash potatoes and mix with chick peas, chopped coriander leaves, chopped onions , Kashmiri chilly powder and salt.
- Take a puri, Break on the top(small round opening).
- Fill in the filling first, add a spoon tamarind date chutney inside , then add Pani to it.