When I was a kid I really hate eating Pinakbet so much. There was a time in front of the table that I simply slipped my hand with full of Veggies in my hand and giving it to our dogie under the table unnoticed. But today I imagine I was a wasteful human being back then throwing away food that some family don’t get even a single food on their plate. So that was long time ago and I learned my lesson. And this time I am featuring this beautiful and nutritious food that I cooked and this is what I called Bahay Kubo Dish, Pinakbet as we say it and I don’t know how they call it in English but I think it is Sauteed Veggies. The yellow squash and the greens that gives colors to this dish is simply amazing and the taste is awesome. With a bit pork added to it, totally delicious.
- Mixed Veggies: (squash, string beans, eggplant, ampalaya)
- 3 tbps oil (vegetable oil)
- Pork or shrimp
- 1 pork seasoning cube / shrimp seasoning cube to uplift the meat taste
- Fish Sauce to taste
1. Boil the small amount of Sliced pork in a medium pan to Soften meat and wait until water is dry, add oil and fry a bit until turn golden brown.
2. Add the sliced squash first and stir. Cook for at least 5 minutes because this vegetable needs to be soften a bit before other veggies will be added.
3. Add all remaining ingredients and wait until cooked.
4. Add fish sauce depending of your taste.
5. Serve and enjoy! Happy Eating!