Salads are delicious, refreshing and the most easiest and nutritive way of eating vegetables and fruits. This time I made a salad with a twist. I marinated the Paneer, grilled it in a pan and mixed it with vegetables and a little bit of strawberry puree. Strawberry puree added that much needed tanginess and sweetness to the salad and the salad tasted delicious.
Homemade Paneer made from ½ litre of milk (or 16 small cubes of paneer)
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1 cup tomatoes cut into large squares
1 cup capsicum cut into large squares
½ cup chopped mint leaves
For the marinade
1 tbsp curd
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
½ tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp pepper powder
½ tsp salt (or to taste)
1 tsp corn flour
Water as needed
4 to 5 strawberries pureed
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper powder
¼ tsp garam masala powder
- Take all the ingredients of the marinade in a bowl, add water and make a thick paste
- Add the paneer cubes to this and nicely coat each piece with the marinade.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and spread the oil evenly by tilting the pan.
- Arrange the paneer cubes in the pan and cook for a couple of minutes in low flame.
- When one side is cooked, turn to the other side and cook on the other side as well.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the same pan, add the capsicums and tomatoes and stir fry without adding any more oil till they get slightly golden and soft.
- Add this to the bowl as well.
- Now add cucumber, chopped fresh mint leaves and strawberry puree and give a quick mix.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper powder and garam masala powder and serve.
For more paneer recipes you can also check out the following posts. Just click on the links to get the recipes.
Amritsari paneer burji
Capsicum paneer gravy
Palak paneer/ spinach and cottage cheese gravy
If you like this post please post a comment in the comment section below and share this post through your social media channels. Like us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google plus for updates on new posts.