Carrot cakes are very popular as they are soft, moist and have those bits of carrots in between. I have baked sponge cakes, chocolate cakes, black forest cakes, orange cakes and also eggless sponge Cake but somehow, I never thought of baking a carrot cake. So I baked a carrot cake this time. For the recipe I searched several websites and cookbooks, tweaked the recipes to my taste and the carrot cake came out so good. Do try out the recipe, I am sure you will like it.
1 cup maida
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 carrots finely grated
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup milk
½ cup sunflower oil
- Take maida, baking power, baking soda and salt in a bowl and sieve twice. Keep ready.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- While the oven is getting heated, we will prepare the cake batter.
- For this, take 2 eggs and sugar in your mixer jar and grind till the sugar dissolves and nice bubbles are seen. (This time I used my mixi jar and the batter was as good as done using a hand mixer)
- Once the sugar dissolves, add oil, vanilla essence and milk to it and grind.
- Pour this into a large bowl, gently add the flour mix to it and mix slowly.
- Make sure that there are no lumps.
- Once everything is well mixed add the grated carrots to the batter and fold well.
- Grease and flour a square aluminium cake pan and pour this batter into it such that the pan is half full.
- Place the cake pan in the central rack of the oven and bake at 180 degree Celsius with lower rods ON for 30 to 40 minutes till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool down completely.
- Invert it into a plate, cut into pieces and serve.
- I refrigerated the cake for a few hours and served it chilled.
You can also check out other cake recipes from this blog
SPONGE CAKE WITHOUT OVEN
CHOCOLATE MARBLE CAKE
MANGO FALOODA AND JELLY SURPRISE
LOW FAT CHOCOLATE CAKE
BASIC ORANGE CAKE
EGGLESS SPONGE CAKE
CHOCOLATE SPONGE CAKE
VANILLA CUP CAKES
BLACK FOREST CAKE
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH BUTTER CREAM FROSTING
If you like this post please post a comment in the comment section below and share this post through your social media channels. Like us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google plus for updates on new posts.