Spicy Indonesian beef dish in an almost dry coconut sauce. Suitable as a or side dish.
1) Rump steak diced - 500 gr
2) Onions - 2
Garlic cloves - 4
Fresh red chillies - 3
Ginger root - 2.5 cm
Turmeric - 1 teaspoon
Paprika - 1 tablespoon
water - 75 ml
3) chopped Lemon grass - 1 stalk(average sized)
Lime leaves - 3
Coconut milk - 600 ml
1) Put the Onions, Garlic, Chillies, Ginger, Paprika, Turmeric and Water
in a food processor and make into a smooth paste.
2) Dice the meat and mix with half the paste. Set aside.
3) Put the other half of the paste into a heavy sauce pan and add the
coconut milk, chopped lemon grass and lime leaves.
4) Boil without the lid for about 30 min. until mixture is reduced to
5) Add the meat mixture and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer
6) stir regularly, for a further hour till the steak is tender.
7) Serve with boiled rice.
HAVE SOMETHING TASTY !!!!!
and DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT ME HOW YOU LIKED IT!!!!!