My Green Goddess Dip is packed full of delicious fresh herbs and takes just minutes to prepare! Dips are a fantastic dish to prepare when you’re entertaining, or simply looking for a quick snack.
To make this simple dip, I wash and dry a selection of fresh herbs and roughly chop them. I then add the herbs to a blender, along with sour cream, avocado and a little mustard. Blend the dip until it is a creamy and smooth consistency, and season to taste. Serve in a dish of your choice; I love to top my dip with a drizzle of olive oil and a little lemon zest.
My Green Goddess Dip is creamy, full of flavour and deliciously herby!
Prepare the dip the day before and store in the fridge, ready to await the arrival of your guests! The dip keeps its vibrant colour well.
Love dips as much as I do?
Have a look at some of my other favourite recipes:
- Whipped Feta
- Cannellini Bean Dip
- Roasted Capsicum Pesto
- Avocado, Yoghurt and Mint Dip
- Easy Hummus
- Caramelised Onion Dip
If you love the idea of any of the above, you can find all the recipes in this post:
- Tasty Dips for Entertaining
One of my favourite things about dips, aside from how delicious they are to eat, is their myriad of uses! It is easy to forget just how much you can do with dips. Here are a few ideas to inspire you in the kitchen:
- Use as a salad dressing – some of the dips, such as my Green Goddess Dip, may require a little water to thin them down, but they are delicious tossed with your favourite greens!
- Add to some boiled potatoes for a new twist on the classic Potato Salad! (Or, check out my Potato Salad with Peas and Mint!)
- Have a dip party! Pick a selection of different coloured dips and wow your guests! Or, serve individual dishes of dips topped with crudites – these are always a hit at parties.
- Jazz up your antipasto platter with a couple of dips of your choice. Add some sliced meats, grilled vegetables, cheese and some nuts. My Soy Roasted Almonds are a great addition to a platter!
- Serve with your favourite bruschetta or crostini, and toppings of your choice.
- Dips are fantastic with grilled meats and vegetables, or on top of a burger!
What dip is your favourite?
Let me know in the comments below! I do hope you try this Green Goddess Dip.
Enjoy! Alex xx
Green Goddess Dip
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup parsley fresh, some leaves and stalks
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, leaves only
- 1/4 cup chives fresh
- 1/4 cup mint fresh, leaves only
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- drizzle of olive oil and lemon zest
- Wash and dry your herbs. Roughly chop.
- Measure out your other ingredients.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend until a smooth consistency.
- Remove from blender, and put in a serving dish. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon zest, if you wish.
* The dip can be made the day before – it retains its colour well!
* Add a little water to the dip to thin it down and use as a salad dressing.
The post Green Goddess Dip appeared first on It's Not Complicated Recipes.