It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas and we’re making sure that you don’t miss a thing this festive month, starting with our treats for Santa. A simple but delicious way to get the whole family in the kitchen are these festive Christmas-shaped cookies. Decorate and serve for the month or save them up until Christmas Eve for when Santa stops by!
Christmas Cookie Recipe
4 dozen | prep: 20 mins | bake: 8 mins
- 470g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 225g butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and lightly grease two baking trays.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually blend in the sifted flour until evenly mixed.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for two hours.
- On a floured surface, roll out the portions of dough to 5mm thickness. Cut out using cookie cutters.
- Bake for 6-8 mins in the preheated oven.
- Transfer from baking tray to cooling rack. After cooled, decorate with icing.
Find the ingredients used above here.
This post first appeared on Akaroo - The Home Of Quality Indian Herbs And Spices, please read the originial post: here