This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseMazola #CollectiveBias
Did you guys know that September is National Cholesterol Awareness month? Living a nutritious conscious lifestyle is something that I strive to achieve with my family, which starts with what I am putting in my body and what I am feeding my family. I am always looking for ways that I can make my favorite recipes lighter by swapping out simple ingredients that make a big difference in the long run.
Here are a few fun facts about Mazola® Corn Oil that will get you thinking: A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim head on over to Mazola.com.
Mazola Corn Oil is an all-purpose, cholesterol-free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family. *See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health. It has a variety of uses include baking, grilling, sautéing, stir-frying or mixing up a marinade or dressing.
My family has a long history of heart disease and that is exactly why I chose to utilize corn oil in my recipes! I want to make healthy changes for my family that will benefit us in the long run.
Today I whipped up a Simple and Healthy Quinoa Stir- Fry for you, I swapped out noodles for quinoa, used corn oil instead of sesame and coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. These swaps not only made the dish healthier but my family and I couldn’t even tell the difference because it tasted the same as a regular stir fry!
Oh, and did I mention it takes less than 30-minutes to make this dish! Even my 2-year-old toddler devoured it, in my book that is a MOM WIN! I hope you enjoy!
Simple and Lighter Quinoa Stir-Fry
- One Chicken Breast- Sliced Thinly
- 1/2 Zucchini Sliced
- 1/2 Squash Sliced Thin
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger or Finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Finely Chopped or Grated
- 1 Medium Sized Onion Sliced Thin
- 1 Cup of Sweet Multi-Colored Peppers Sliced
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil Divided
- 1/2 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Warm-up 1 tablespoon of corn oil in a stir fry or deep bottomed pan(Medium-High Heat).
- Add in chicken and quickly stir fry, make sure to work quickly and add salt as per your taste.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add in the other tablespoon of oil.
- Add in the garlic, ginger, and onion. Stir -Fry for about 30 seconds being careful to not let the garlic burn.
- Add in the veggies and move quickly, if you feel the heat is too high please lower it! Stir Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the pan.
- Add in the Coconut Aminos, Hoisin Sauce, Oyster Sauce, and cooked quinoa. Stir for about 1 minute. Check for salt, season as needed.
- You’re Done! Enjoy
Mazola.com has a chock full of information and studies on the benefits of corn oil! Head on over to check them out!
The post Simple and Lighter Quinoa Stir-Fry appeared first on THE MOMMY SPICE.