Easy crock Pot Irish Stew recipe. Very easy and delicious hearty stew! Lamb with vegetables cooked in a crock pot! Recipe adapted from https://www.kidspot.com.au/kitchen/recipes/slow-cooker-irish-stew-1781
Easy Crock Pot Irish Stew Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plain flour
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds (1.44 kg) lamb forequarter chops, halved
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 swede peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups (750 ml) beef stock
- 2 pounds (960 g) potato, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a plastic bag, combine plain flour, salt, and black pepper. Stir well. Add lamb chops, then shake well.
- In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add seasoned lamb and sear on both sides.
- Place chops on the bottom of greased a slow cooker.Top with potatoes, carrots, swede, and thyme.
- In the same frying pan, cook onions, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for further 2 minutes. Pour in the stock to the pan and bring to the boil. Pour the tomato mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Turn off the crock pot and open the lid. Using tongs, remove cooked lamb chops from the cooker and transfer to a cutting board. Carefully remove bones.
- Transfer deboned meat to serving plates. Pour vegetable-tomato mixture over the meat. Serve hot.
This post first appeared on The Best Recipes, please read the originial post: here