Easy fried Beef Steak Recipe. Beef Flank Steak with soy sauce, and spices cooked in a wok. This beef recipe belongs to Mongolian cuisine. Very easy and delicious! This recipe adapted from https://dinnerthendessert.com
- 1 pound (480 g) beef flank steak, sliced against a grain
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) minced garlic
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dark brown sugar
- 4 stalks scallions, green parts only, cut into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
- In a Ziplock bag, combine sliced beef and cornstarch. Shake well.
- Press the steak around in the bag making sure each piece is fully coated with cornstarch and leave it to sit while you make the sauce.
- In a large wok, heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, add the steak, shaking off any excess cornstarch, to the wok in a single layer. Cook on each side for 1 minute.
Remove cooked meat from the wok. Repeat the same thing with remaining beef.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour in the soy sauce, water, then stir in dark brown sugar to the pan and let it come to a boil.
- Add cooked steaks back in and let the sauce thicken for 20-30 seconds. Add the green onions, stir to combine everything, and cook for further 20-30 seconds. Serve immediately.