Lemon honey Chicken Breasts recipe. Boneless and skinless chicken breasts with a homemade honey-lemon sauce. Extremely delicious!!! This delicious chicken breasts recipe adapted from https://www.recipetineats.com
Makes 4 servings
Makes 4 servings
- 1pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
For lemon Honey Sauce:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml)olive oil
- 1garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) clear honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly squeezedlemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml)soy sauce
- 1 oz (30 ml) water
- Lemon slices
- Finely chopped fresh parsley
- Slice chicken breasts horizontally. Using a mallet, pound to even thickness about 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- Season on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Place all-purpose flour in a shallow dish. Coat the chicken in the flour, shaking off excess.
- In a small mixing bowel, combine 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour and water. Mix until flour is dissolved completely. Set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken breasts and cook for 4 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Remove cooked chicken breasts from the skillet and transfer to a plate. Keep warm.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 20 seconds, or until golden. Pour in chicken stock, then reduce heat to low, and bring to simmer. Using a spatula, scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan into the liquid.
- Stir in honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and flour mixture into the skillet. Mix well and bring to simmer for further 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened into a syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, pour lemon-honey sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley and lemon slices if using.