Pressure cooker smoky Chipotle Tomato Sauce. An excellent spicy sauce cooked in Pressure Cooker. This sauce is very delicious with with cheese enchiladas or served over cooked fettuccine.
Makes 4 cups
Makes 4 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup diced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 28 oz (840 ml) can whole plum tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2-4 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- pinch of sugar
- sea salt
- In a pressure cooker, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add diced white onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soften,for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic cloves and cook, stirring, until they soften, then crush them against the side of the pot and stir into cooked onion.
- Stir in tomatoes and their juice, vegetable broth, oregano and chopped chiles. Mix well.
- Close pressure cooker and lock the lid.
- Set burner heat to high pressure.
- When cooker reaches high pressure, reduce heat to low.
- Set timer to cook for 6 minutes.
- Open pressure cooker with Natural Release method.Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar and taste for salt.
- Cool completely before use.
This post first appeared on The Best Recipes, please read the originial post: here