Lemon flavor, this is a delicious way to turn plain Rice into an exotic dish, and it’s the perfect accompaniment to any meats and/or veggies. Also, the rice is cooked in broth and milk instead of water, which in turn makes the rice a bit creamy and so much more flavorful. A sprinkle of dill at the end is everything.
- Butter 2TBS
- Olive oil 1TBS
- Green onions 4, white parts only, cut into thin rounds (reserve green parts for garnish)
- Garlic cloves 3, minced
- Lemon zest 1 teaspoon
- Rice 1 cup
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Low sodium vegetable broth 1 cup ( knorr and maggi vegi stock)
- 2% milk 1 cup (low fat)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- Fresh dill chopped, for garnish
- Green onions chopped , for garnish
- Melt butter and heat olive oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and lemon zest; continue to cook and stir for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add rice; season with turmeric, salt and pepper, and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetable broth, milk, and lemon juice.
- Turn up the heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; cover the pan and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat.
- Fluff with a fork and taste for seasonings; adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with dill and green onions. Serve.