1 butternut squash
1 onion (quartered)
4 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch of salt and pepper
¼ cup cashews
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp paprika
150 ml vegetable stock
200 g linguine or spaghetti
1 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C or 390°F.
2. Cut the butternut squash in half, peel and deseed it, then slice it into 1 inch chunks.
3. Place the butternut squash chunks, onion pieces and garlic cloves on a baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Put the baking tray in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with hot water, and leave to one side.
6. Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
7. Remove the veg from the oven and place the butternut squash, onion and garlic into a bender. Make sure you remove the skin from the garlic cloves. Then add the stock, nutmeg and paprika. Drain the cashews and add to the blender. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
8. Drain the pasta, then combine it with the butternut squash sauce.
9. Mix everything together until the pasta is coated in the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Top with chopped basil.