Vegan Party Paella!
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh green beans
- 1 cup peas (frozen or canned is fine)
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth (chicken broth if you are not vegan)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 package (8 oz.) vegan chicken strips (such as Morningstar Farms)
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet cook and stir green beans, onion and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Carefully stir in broth, tomatoes, rice, paprika and turmeric. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, about 18 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Stir in “chicken” strips. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Makes eight 1.5 Cup servings at 260 Calories each.
3.5G Fat / 46g Carbs (3g fiber, 5g sugar) / 11g protien / 700mg sodium