Couscous Stuffed Peppers with Feta Cheese
These are flavour-filled, healthy and vegetarian – perfect for a weeknight meal, as they required little effort but deliver maximum taste.
- 2 Red Peppers
- 150 g Couscous
- 150 ml Good Quality Vegetable Stock (hot)
- 2 Spring Onions (thinly sliced)
- 50 g Chestnut Mushrooms (quartered)
- 5 Sundried Tomatoes
- 10 Fresh Mint Leaves (shredded)
- 1 stalk Fresh Oregano (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Pine Nuts (toasted)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 150 g Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (grated)
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the seeds. Place on a baking sheet propped upright (I used a chef’s ring and some aluminium foil to hold them in place). Put the tops back onto the peppers, then place into the oven for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the Couscous into a large bowl and cover with the hot vegetable stock. Cover and leave for 5 minutes, allowing the couscous to absorb the liquid.
Fluff the couscous with a fork, then stir through the tomatoes, spring onions, mushrooms, herbs and seasoning. When mixed, crumble in the feta and lightly mix to ensure you retain large chunks.
Remove the peppers from the oven and fill with the couscous mixture. Combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and use it to top each pepper. Put the tops of the peppers and any extra couscous alongside on the baking sheet.
Return to the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes until the topping is golden and the peppers tender.
Serve straight from the oven along with a green salad.
The post Couscous Stuffed Peppers with Feta Cheese appeared first on Scott's Food Rocks.