Wrap up your tortilla to make delicious mushroom quesadillas
You do not meat for these amazing quesadillas. A skillet and lots of Mushrooms can turn an ordinary Tortilla into a super tasty quesadilla. Done in no time so if you want a fast dinner or lunch this recipe is for you. So are you ready to learn how to make mushroom quesadillas? Let’s get started!
Quesadillas are one of the easiest recipes to make that you can turn into a full meal.
Add a tasty quesadilla sauce and you have all you need. For these quesadillas, I used the enchiladas folding technique.
So put the filling in the middle of the tortilla and fold it close before turning the quesadilla.
This way most of the filling will remain inside the tortilla and you can cut it into small triangles.
Turning into easy to handle quesadillas which is amazing.
Mushroom quesadilla ingredients
So what is in mushroom quesadillas? You need a number of ingredients. Put the following ingredients on your grocery shopping list:
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- White mushrooms
- Quesadilla seasoning
- Butter (plant-based)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make mushroom quesadillas
To make this recipe start with finely chopping the onion and mince the garlic. Then reheat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and stir continuously to soften the onion and garlic. This takes 3-5 minutes.
Add the butter and let it melt before adding the sliced mushrooms to the pan. Stir to combine with the onion mixture with the mushrooms.
Season the mushrooms with quesadilla seasoning and stir. Let the mushrooms brown. This will take about 3 minutes.
Take the pan off the heat and put the mushroom mixture in a separate bowl.
Heat the skillet again over medium heat and add olive oil. Add a tortilla in the pan.
Divide the mushrooms into four equal parts and put 1/4 of the mushrooms in the middle of the tortilla in a long strip like you would in an enchilada.
Sprinkle cheese on top of the mushrooms and fold the tortilla in three. Bake the tortilla until brown.
Check regularly because flour tortillas brown really fast.
Flip the folded tortilla and bake the other side until brown. Take out of the pan and cut into the folded tortilla into triangles as you can see below.
Types of mushrooms to use in quesadillas
You can use a variety of mushrooms in this recipe. If you go with the mushrooms you like best you can’t go wrong.
I use white mushrooms for this recipe but you can also use:
- Brown mushrooms
- Chopped portobellos
- Wild mushroom
- Oyster mushrooms
Types of cheese to use in quesadillas
You can use a number of cheeses for this quesadilla recipe. I used shredded hard mozzarella but you can also use:
- Shredded goats cheese
- Cotija or Feta
More quesadilla recipes
If you like this quesadilla recipe you will love these recipes as well:
- Oven-baked chicken quesadillas
- Shrimp quesadillas
- Sweet quesadillas
- BBQ quesadillas
- Beef quesadillas
- Quesadilla sauce
Have fun trying this tasty quesadilla recipe!
Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST, and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
These mushroom quesadillas are amazing and are on the table in no time. This vegetarian dish is great to serve for lunch, brunch or dinner. Try it!
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 20 white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon quesadilla seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 glove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic. Preheat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to the skillet
- Stir continuously to soften the onion and garlic. This takes 3-5 minutes
- Add the butter and let it melt before adding the sliced mushrooms to the pan. Stir to combine with the onion mixture with the mushrooms
- Season the mushrooms with quesadilla seasoning and stir. Leave for 3 minutes. Take out of the skillet and set the mixture aside
- Heat the skillet again over medium heat and add olive oil. Add a tortilla in the pan. Divide the mushrooms in four equal parts and put 1/4 of the mushrooms in the middle of the tortilla in a long strip
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheese on top of the mushrooms and fold the tortilla in three like an enchilada. Bake the tortilla until brown
- Flip the folded tortilla and bake the other side until brown - Note 1
- Take out of the pan and cut into triangles/wedges
Check regularly because flour tortillas brown really fast
Calories 445; Fat: 27g; Carbs: 35g; Protein: 16g;
Did you make this recipe?Tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram and hashtag it #thetortillachannel
De post Mushroom Quesadillas is voor het eerst verschenen op The Tortilla Channel.